Illustrated Merchandise: Making & Selling for Illustrators, Starts 8th June – Enrolment Open »
Illustrated Merchandise Making & Selling for Illustrators returns this June as an extended 8-week course. Whether it’s prints, original art, apparel, pin badges, stationary, merchandise or all of the above – if you’re passionate about mastering the skills of making and selling your own products, this course is for you!
Course runs June 8th – July 31st. Attend live or catch up on replay. Sessions are recorded for lifetime access.
Each week we will teach you the essential skills you need to turn your side hustle into a money making revenue stream; identifying affordable ways to make your own products and effective ways to sell online for maximum profit.
Course fee includes x10 live sessions & workshops, with each class focused on a different aspect of making and selling your own products, there are just FORTY SPACES available for our 8-week course scheduled for June 2022.
Each class will be divided into quick fire presentations, group breakout rooms, workshop challenges and live Q&A. Sessions are delivered by Inkygoodness founder Lisa Hassell and supported by our new membership platform Inkygoodness Collective.
What to expect:
• 8-week making and selling course for artists, designers & illustrators
• Live sessions every week, covering branding, product development, product ladders, designing your online store, plotting your customer journey, pitching to buyers, creating your wholesale catalogue & much more!
• Creative challenges, weekly discussion, Q+As & breakout rooms
• Join a community of likeminded creatives to support you on your maker-seller journey.
• Exclusive Industry Zooms + Q&A’s with artists & makers
• Inclusive access to our Inkygoodness Collective for the duration of the course
• Downloadable resources & interactive workshops
• Feedback, advice & tailored action plan for your creative business!
• Lifetime access to course content
• Mentoring sessions* to support your next steps
Modules consist of video lessons, creative challenges and written guides.
WK.1 – Finding Your Niche
- Intro to the course and what we will be covering
- Understanding the market
- Finding your niche
- Building your illustration brand
- Research and planning
WK.2 – Product Design
- Design & development
- Making your products
- Testing the market
- Finding good suppliers
- Packaging basics
WK.3- Pricing & Profit
- Understanding product ladders and why you need them
- Master the art of pricing
- Diversify your income
- Wholesale vs. selling independently (online and markets)
WK.4 – Advice + Q&A Session
- Reflect on your progress
- Share & present creative ideas & development
- Discuss challenges & problem solving
- Get support, feedback and your questions answered.
WK.5 – Selling & Marketing
- Online marketplaces and POD
- Selling strategies
- Social media tips & tricks
- Instagram shopping vs. Etsy
- Building a customer base
- How to stand out in the market
- Marketing toolkit
WK.6 – Licensing & Wholesale
- Licensing your designs
- Working with agencies
- Designing your wholesale catalogue *NEW*
- How to get your products into retailers *NEW*
- Perfect your pitch *NEW*
WK.7 – Product Photography *NEW*
- DIY Photography basics
- How to prep & plan your photo shoot
- Equipment & lighting basics
- Smart phone tips & tricks
- Inspiration, ideas & check list!
WK.8 – Online Store Logistics *NEW*
- Design & build your online store
- eCommerce Basics
- Order fulfilment & shipping
- Payment options guide
- Best apps to save you time!
+ BONUS Session: Instagram Reels
- Master the art of Instagram reels with our mini workshop + creative prompts to attract more customers!
+ BONUS Session: Countdown to launch!
- Plan your online product launch with our easy step by step guide plus gain access to our online membership community Inkygoodness Collective to meet and connect with other artists, illustrators and makers.
+ Access 8 hours of Q&A recordings from previous sessions and our archive of industry talks with the likes of Louise Lockhart, Pansy, Jacqueline Colley, Kim Sielbeck, YUKFUN & Claire Ritchie!
+ Inclusive access to our Inkygoodness Collective membership community* + private group for course members!
Course fee is £249* and includes x10 workshops delivered on zoom; digital resources, worksheets & more!
Industry Zoom Q&A’s
To compliment the programme we are also hosting three industry zoom sessions with leading industry designers and illustrators, each specialising in a different area of the market – from surface pattern design to licensing and collaborating with brands. Each week we will hear their stories of buidling a successful creative business, alongside some of their closely guarded secrets to thriving in this competitive industry.
Confirmed Speaker & Mentor: Aga Giecko
South London-based illustrator Aga Giecko turns mundane objects and creatures into wonky-lined, larger-than-life characters. Mostly using illustration and ceramics, Aga has given personalities to everything from veggies to sunflowers to mischievous doggies. Her growing list of clients include Nike, Pull & Bear, Everpress and Lazy Oaf.
Follow her on Instagram @agagiecko
More speakers TBA!
Illustrated Merchandise runs June 8th – July 31st. Course includes x 8 classes of 1.5 hrs, delivered over 8 weeks + industry Q&A sessions and weekly challenges. Participants will have the option of joining a class on a Wednesday morning at 10.30am BST or Thursday evening at 6pm BST. More details to be provided on booking.
*Split payment and instalment options available to spread the cost.
**Course fee includes 60 days membership to Inkygoodness Collective, worth $29.98. Requires subscription. Choose between monthly or annual membership when you sign up. First payment will be taken 1st August 2022. Full terms & conditions.
***15 artists will be shortlisted from the programme for mentoring in September 2022. Our three mentors will choose ONE artist each for a 1:1 session. Mentors to be announced soon!
Lisa Hassell is a creative consultant, public speaker, design writer and founder of Inkygoodness, a global community focused on connecting, inspiring and developing artists and creative businesses.
Founded by Lisa Hassell in 2010, Inkygoodness curate events and exhibitions, host regular design talks, run courses, workshops and coaching programmes for emerging and professional creatives. With a focus on personal and professional development for artists and illustrators, Inkygoodness is committed to engaging with emerging talent, sharing knowledge, offering support and cultivating a creative community for artists and illustrators to connect and thrive.
Previously she ran WE ARE GOODNESS, a creative consultancy and illustration agency representing a diverse roster of international artists.
As an artist agent she has worked with art buyers, advertising agencies and design studios to deliver illustration to clients like Google UX, Google Play, Facebook, The Guardian and New York Magazine.
Inkygoodness offer regular portfolio crits, pricing workshops, masterclasses and 1:1 coaching for artists and illustrators. Join our newsletter or get in touch to find out more.
Image creds: Hollie Fuller / Kim Sielbeck / Jacqueline Colley